The Bioresource Processing Alliance (BPA) provides access to the combined world-class science capabilities and technical facilities of four of New Zealand’s national research providers – AgResearch, Callaghan Innovation, Plant & Food Research, Scion and universities.
We provide funding support for appropriate projects that utilise the expertise of our research partners.
We help our industry partners to:
- Access raw materials from across the primary sector
- Develop new high-value products from raw biological materials
- Establish robust economic analysis and development plans
- Develop methodologies for processing by-products
- Tap into pilot scale plants to assess the commercial feasibility of a new process or product
- Reduce costs of processing by-products
- Increase the value of raw materials