- Keratin biomaterials through the creation and spin-off of Keratec.
- The establishment of a complex dairy lipids industry
- The supercritical extraction industry and range of products, including totarol, krill, rosemary antioxidants.
Plant & Food Research
- A range of marine based products for industrial use, including CfineTM, a collagen fining agent for beer and wine made from fish skin
- A specialised hoki collagen used in electrospun nanofibres
- Nutraceutical products including a mussel extract with proven efficacy for the control of joint pain, and a stable mussel oil.
- Internationally licensed wood modification systems, including a wood plastic composite technology.
Helping you take the next step
We can assist with the scale-up of processing technologies and products to minimise technical risk and infrastructure costs through:
- Assisting with licensing agreements, if appropriate
- Production-scale plant design and construction
- Technology transfer via the transfer of personnel, or secondments between the research team and your business
- Economic evaluations using our robust decision making framework.